Monday, January 23, 2012

January 17th-23rd

1/21/12 - J on the left
(1/17) I worked from home today.  While I'm comfortable driving my Tucson in the snow, I'm not as comfy driving around the van without snow tires.  They are predicting a massive storm for tomorrow, on top of the 5" we already have. 

The babies slept in late--I didn't get J up until after 11:30.  It seems they take turns sleeping in, so I predict D will be the later riser tomorrow.

J
J had it out for the monkey on his play mat today.  Both boys are now grabbing at things on their play mat and working them toward their mouths.

J
(1/18) Sure enough, it's 11am and D is still asleep.  He is so cute when he goes to sleep--he runs his hand over his face a few times 'til his thumb ends up in his mouth.  I can usually leave him unswaddled at night now, and only swaddle him when he's overly tired and that darn thumb is just not cooperating.  I'm still swaddling J at night, but he usually works his way out of it and goes right to sleep.

1/21/12 ~ J on the left
It is another snow day here.  We're closing in on 7" of snow, which is a ton for this area!  Today is Dad's birthday, and he had to go to work. He picked up 4 coworkers and got them safely there.  C picked out dinner and dessert for Dad's birthday: tuna helper & apple cinnamon muffins.  Uh, yum?  At least it gave us something to do when the babies were napping.

C & J today

(1/19) D sure isn't a morning baby.  J is all smiles when being changed and D is just a big ol' grump until he's fully awake.  And I didn't even get him up until 11!

D
We hunkered down in the basement for yet another snow day (we have over 9 inches now).  Dad was home today, so we watched movies and did a whole lot of nothin'.

D continues to work on rolling over, and can go from his back all the way to his stomach. If only that darn arm would get out of the way!  He's not quite there, but is very close! 

This is D yelling at the monkey with the hiccups.

(1/20)  After being house-bound essentially since Saturday, it was great to go back to work! The little boys were with Kathy today and she said they had a great day.  She got some cute pictures today too ~ thanks, Kathy!

D
(1/21)  Dad made us a nice breakfast, which the babies slept through.  D was up at 9:30 and J slept until 10.  I took their weekly pictures and then C went off to hockey and the little boys went down for a nap. It should be a nice, relaxing Saturday!

J
(1/22) I had a lovely Sunday with the fam.  C and I went to the gym for Body Pump, after which I was seriously worried about my ability to lift the babies. I got home and did some reading while the babies slept, and then did some exciting things like housework and laundry.  We had our normal wine & movie night after the babies went down, but the movie was a snore, so we flipped over to Once Upon a Time.  Love that show!

D
(1/23) Back to work with me!  The little guys both woke up at 5:30am as I was getting ready to leave today - usually just one baby wakes and I leave a warmed bottle for Dad to feed to whichever one fusses. This morning we both ended up feeding babies before I finally got on the road. 

It should be a good day.  Granddad is coming over this evening to watch the kids while the two of us go out to dinner to officially celebrate Dad's birthday.

Happy Monday!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment