Monday, May 6, 2013

April 30th-May 6th


(4/30) Work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the boys. I was lazy and picked up dinner on the way home (mmm, taco pizza!) and it was ready shortly after we got home. I am such a good cook.  Tuesdays are over in a flash sadly.  By the time I get us home, it's 6p and the boys go to bed at 7p, so it's a lot to cram in.


(5/1)  Beautiful day today! We hit the park this morning before C got picked up to go to school.   It was Kathy's turn to volunteer in the big boys' class today, and as soon as the twins saw her, J immediately signed 'eat' & 'more.'  Dear children, I *do* feed you, stop begging for more food!  Kathy's kiddo went down for a nap at the same time as the twins, so I scored a few peaceful hours and got to sit quietly and read my book (er, Dad's book).  C got to go play at another friend's house in the afternoon, so it was just the littles and me until dinner.  It was such a nice day to hang with them! They are seriously too darn smart though.  They took the wheel part off their pinwheels today and used the sticks to fling things off the counter.  


(5/2)  The boys were with their dad today, and Mama had book club.  I came home from work, grabbed a bite to eat and was home long enough to put them to bed. Sigh.


(5/3) The boys were home with Dad in the morning and then got to go to Sarah's.  D still has a tough time with 'newish' people, but he eventually calmed down and settled in to play.  D is now saying "Nay-nee," which is what Sarah's kiddo, Jamie, calls himself.  Jamie mostly calls both twins D-d, but is working on distinguishing the two. J was not amused when I went to get him for dinner and I had to haul him away from Sarah's playroom sideways. I can already tell we are going to have another that struggles with transitions, since J falls to the floor in a tantrum when it's time to leave (see picture above of him lying on the bark after a 30 minutes of swinging.. I guess he still wasn't done.)  At least they're still small enough that right now this just makes me laugh.


(5/4) Slept in until 7:30a this morning and then got the boys up.  I made everybody breakfast and we played while Dad ran out to grocery shop. I did many loads of laundry and tried to get packed for a night away while the hellions ran around and got into trouble upstairs.  We went to C's swim lesson and had lunch while we were there, and then met Grandma back at the house when we returned.  They went down for naps and I headed out to visit scenic Tacoma for the marathon the following day.  When the boys woke up, Grandma took them to the park, where they met a cuuuuute little girl (I'm in trouble with these lady killers!) and played and played and played. Grandma said it was a bit like herding cats at the park. LOL, yes!  Perfect description!   Home to dinner and a bath, and then it was bedtime.  Looks like they had a very fun time!


(5/5) I got home around 3p from my marathon weekend, and Dad brought us taco pizza (and margaritas for later, as it is Cinco de Mayo!).  I played a mean trick on D and asked him where his belly was, and his usual response is to lift his shirt for a tickle, only he was in a onesie.  Very frustrating for D. Sorry, buddy!  He is getting better at signing 'all done,' I noticed tonight. Cool!  Dad brought us strawberry shortcake for dessert, and no sooner did J pop a strawberry in his mouth, and he was reaching for D's.  Nice try!  I gave them both some whip cream and I think J would have licked the tray if he could have reached it.


(5/6) Monday again?  Yawn.  I'm at work and the boys are with their dad.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment