Monday, April 14, 2014

April 8th-14th

Love our pictures from Lilja Photography!
(4/8) Work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the kiddos. I attended a baby shower today for a coworker.  I had so much fun shopping for a little girl the other day. Not that little boys aren't fun ~ it's just fun to shop for the other flavor.  Had a nice night with the boys - we spent the evening watching baseball and I whipped up some burgers to go with.  Appropriate baseball viewing eats!


(4/9) Work day for Dad, and day off for me.  I worked in C's classroom this morning and Nanan came to watch the littles.  She stayed for all of their nap so I didn't have to wake them when I went to get C.  We were going to go to the park this afternoon after school, but J took such a long nap that we ended up just playing in the yard and calling it good.  Part 2 of their bath (part 1 was playing in the dogs' water bucket) came after dinner, followed by bedtime.


(4/10) Work day for me, and Dad had the boys.  C started hockey camp tonight and came home with a sweet new jersey!  I had some time with my little boys and we watched some McQueen together before they headed up to bed.


(4/11) Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the kiddos.  I pulled up and C was riding a tiny tricycle. He cracks me up!  Got home and crammed in dinner and some TV together before bedtime.  It's been a battle over keeping J's diaper on lately.  I've resorted to putting him in a pull-up with a snapped diaper cover over the top and jammies over that.  He can get through all of them, including when I put the diaper cover on backward.  I'm ready to pull out the duct tape.  Went through 3 diapers tonight, and he didn't even quit when it was pitch-black out. Brat.


(4/12) We had a chill day today.  C discovered a yard sale a few blocks up and some new kids to play with.  He threw an epic fit when I told him he couldn't spend his life savings at their sale, and threw a long enough tantrum that I covertly videoed parts of to send to his father.  If I had to suffer through it, so did he! Really, I was just trying not to laugh at the drama.  After nap, I packed all the boys up and we went to the park and played there until dinner.  We then headed over to Granddad's because Uncle Craig is in town!  The littles ate and ate and ate tonight, and I caught D up on the table no less than 4 times trying to steal the frosting off the cookie cake.  We had a great time, and finally the four of us big kids were in the same location so Grandma could get a picture. We were there waaaay past bedtime and the littles were wired for sound by the time we got home. Weeeee!


(4/13) Lovely day today.  Of course the boys were up at normal time (7:30a) and once we dragged ourselves out of bed, we packed everybody up for a nice drive.  We drove out to Umtanum for a picnic and to scout out a couple of camping areas.  We wandered around our picnic spot, the boys tossed some rocks in the river, and of course D got soaked less than 5 minutes in.  We crossed the rail road tracks and went up the hill a ways and then came back down, choosing instead to go across the river instead of over it, getting our own shoes soaked.  We drove a little further and circled around and headed on home.  It was a lot of driving, and D only asked how our days were about 52-billion times.  Good thing he's so cute.


(4/14) Monday again.  Dad has the boys, C has school and I am at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment