Sunday, June 29, 2014

June 24th-30th

When the twins cook
(6/24) Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had ALL the kiddos at our house.  She said it went really well.  Phew!  We continued the relaxed vibe into the evening.  


(6/25) Fun day today!  Nanan came to stay with the littles so I could take the big kids to a tie-dyeing party at the park.  I packed a picnic, an extra teenager, and off we went. We had a really nice time, and we can't wait to see how our shirts came out! The kiddos were outside all afternoon, and I dragged them in one by one as the evening drew to a close.


(6/26) Busy day!  I worked and Dad had the kiddos.  He ran the girls out for new coats and to get camping supplies.  Then they had their visit, and Dad came home from dropping them to take C to hockey.  I came home so he could leave and was here to meet the girls when they got home.  Got them dinner and situated and waited for the boys to come home.  Positive vibe today, makes me optimistic for their future!  


(6/27) Mad rush to get all packed, and D is barking like a seal.  Sigh.. We ended up flipping a coin in deciding whether or not to take the twins camping or have me stay home with them.  I picked tails for them to go and it was heads.  So we stayed home, and it was probably a good thing.  D had a 100.5° fever, that nasty cough, and his poor nose ran like a faucet all weekend.  Even J started coughing.  I'm so ready for everyone to be healthy!  I hoped D would take a long nap, but he took a short one and then was grumpy all afternoon. J, on the other hand, took a FIVE hour nap and then was wired.  We watched some TV and had a quiet afternoon/dinner.  I actually got to sit and watch TV in a totally quiet house this evening.  I marathoned Revenge episodes, and stayed up way too late.  And y'all know what Murphy's law says about that....


(6/28) 6a rolls around and D is yelling. I stumble up there to discover he is hollering because J is not wearing a diaper, and appears to have not worn it for some time.  Yay.  J told me "gross" all while I was cleaning up.  Thanks, buddy.  After that, the twinsies and I bummed around until the power went out.  And I had *no* way to reheat my coffee.  The horrors!  We piled in the car and ran to the store.  And no, I did not get any coffee.  But we did stop at the park on the way home.  It was a whopping 60° and I could not keep a jacket on J, nor could I keep D out of the puddles.  D came running up to rat out J after dunking himself in the puddle, as any good brother should.  Came home for nap, and once again the sickie didn't sleep so well.  Nanan came after dinner so we could watch a movie after the twins went down.  Never thought I'd call a weekend with 2.5 yr old twins "quiet," but it was!


(6/29) Dad texted around 9 this morning and said they were soaked and would be home in 3 hours.  The twins and I hopped in the car and went to go grab lunch (grilled cheese sammiches & soup) and had it ready by the time they came home.  We had lunch, got the camper unloaded, and then Dad passed out for a few while the bigs watched a movie.  After the movie was over, we kicked them outside to go play.  We ended up with an extra teenager this evening & have an even fuller house!  C lost tooth #5 (?) this evening and will get a visit from the Tooth Fairy.  Pretty cool!


(6/30) I'm off today since I was supposed to be camping.  We'll have breakfast and probably run errands and do exciting things and stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment