Monday, July 7, 2014

July 1st-7th


(7/1) Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the herd.  The house was still standing and everyone survived - HOORAY!  And she said she'd come back.  So all good things.  LOL!   Our whirlwind evening blew by and it was bedtime before I knew it.  Whew!


(7/2) Poor Dad woke up feeling miserable.  Seriously, this stuff has got to GO.  I had court with the older girl and thankfully my mom had planned to be there to watch the kiddos while we were out.  Dad was able to rest, even with everyone clomping around above his head.  We brought him home some more ginger ale and Gatorade, and he gradually felt better as the day went on... but yuck.  The older girl and I snuck in a shopping trip and picked out some new things and I took the bigs to the bike shop to get the new-to-us bike's tires pumped up and ready for action.  The kiddos all played outside in the afternoon.  It was nice to have Dad home for the day, but we sure hope he feels better tomorrow!


(7/3) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  C's last hockey practice is tonight, and Dad proposed taking all the bigs out to dinner to celebrate.  The only hitch in our giddy-up was a bummer of a visit for the girls, and the younger decided to hang with me. So we watched movies and stayed up late.  I'm glad we were both there to 'catch' them today. Sucks.


(7/4) We had the best 4th!  Kathy invited us to a barbecue at her place, and I was able to take the entire herd.  We had dinner, the kids frosted ice cream cones and decorated them in red, white and blue, and of course begged approximately every 2 seconds to light off more fireworks!  We didn't finish blowing up part of the neighborhood until past midnight.  D babbled the whole way home - "Bye stop sign!  Bye gas station!"  J does not care for loud noises so kept peeking at us through the screen, and D would holler "AGAIN!" after every pop.  Such opposites, those two! 


(7/5) Everyone slept late today.  My sis came for a visit at lunch and Nanan came to kidnap C for a few days.  He'll enjoy having some one on one attention, I'm sure.  My sis and I had a lovely visit and she got a chance to meet the girls.  She even got roped into playing Playdoh!  The kiddos were again out playing until dark.  We even had an extra girl over while her dad was off watching the Sounders lose (boo!).  I've met so many neighborhood kids and parents lately.  It's been a good thing!


(7/6) Woke up earlyish and took the girls to church.  I like going to the early service so we have the rest of the day.  The girls were out with friends pretty much all day today.  Love the summertime!  The younger one forgot to listen on her way out and missed check-in time, so lost outside privileges after dinner, which was very disappointing for her.  The older one tried her hand at ice skating, followed by ice cream.  She much preferred the latter. It was pretty warm today, so the littles played in the pool and had popsicles for snack.  And before we knew it, the day was over. 


(7/7)  Busy day.  Work day for me, and Dad has the kiddos and a repair appointment for our van.  Sure hope it's easily resolved - we need it!  C comes home too, somewhere in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment