Monday, July 14, 2014

July 8th-14th


(7/8) Tell me, how can my biggest boy be SEVEN? Didn't we just bring him home from the hospital? We love him so! Both Dad and I had to work today, and C had a pretty rough day. Being seven is hard work, after all. There was lots of drama on his part and he proclaimed it to be the worst birthday ever when I dared to suggest that he might try going outside and seeing if one of his friends would appear rather than wallowing around inside the house, claiming he had no friends, hated the outside, nobody ever-ever plays with him, and I was wrong-wrong-wrong! Tomorrow should be fun with this attitude....ahem. Coming back to reality is the pits, buddy, I know.


(7/9) C wanted a slumber party and to play video games all day. I told the girls they could each have one friend as well. So if anybody is counting, that's 4 boys, the twinsies, 2 eight-year old girls, and 2 teenagers. And Dad worked tonight so just read this as I'm insane. I made pizza, let them play video games, squirt guns, Legos, and Nerf. Pulled them in when it got too dark and put on a movie. The teenagers went out in the tent to watch movies and I put the younger girls upstairs. Our younger girl's friend decided she didn't feel well, so went home, and our girl came down to join the boys for the movie and camp-out in our living room. I was pretty much done when Dad appeared at 11:30p, and tried to go to sleep. That lasted until 1a when the teenagers got scared and came in. And then I heard the big boys awake at 5:30a and went up to growl at them, and grudgingly get up to go to work.
 

(7/10) I left Dad bright and early this morning with a large herd of children and cinnamon rolls. He hardly slept either, and we both spent the day in a fog. Our younger girl had a dentist appointment today, so Sarah graciously had the rest of my exhausted crew over. There was also neighborhood drama piled on top of drama today, which is always more fun when you're tired! We sent everyone to bed early at the conclusion of the day and said no more slumber parties EVER and crashed.


(7/11) I still feel like I was hit by a bus, but am feeling slightly better today. It was a work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the kiddos. There were more drama and misunderstandings today, coupled with erratic emotions from the girls. On their behalf, let me just say GRRRRRRR. And insert mama bear here. Kathy said it was a good day other than that, which is the upside, I guess.


(7/12) IT'S HOT! The younger girl spent the day at a friend's (in her pool) and the older one decided on a lazy day, which I totally approved! C had swim lessons and then got invited to the park. He was anxious to get home because his package of Legos was due to arrive any second. Once it arrived he built and built and built. We have a ginormous tub of Legos on the landing and the twins walk by and grab handfuls, so there are Legos EVERYWHERE. J is getting quite good at assembling them. I'm really impressed! After dinner, since it at least a billion degrees inside, I told the kids we needed ice cream. We piled in the car and went to the store. The bigs ran off to try to find something to buy with a dollar, and the littles stayed in the cart with me. J is super sound sensitive, so covered his ears when the cart rattled on the cement on the way in. D was helpful and hollered, "JJ IS OKAY! JJ IS STILL OKAY!" Once inside the store, we cruised by the ice cream aisle and as soon as I put it in the cart, J says "Delicious!" He started to get upset when I went to put the 'delicious' on the belt, so I let him hold it until the very nice checker could scan it and let him have it back. The checker gave all the kids stickers, and I complimented them all for their behavior in the store! We got home, had our delicious, and had a relaxing evening.
  

(7/13) I had a race in Seattle this morning. I was supposed to do the half, but I haven't been training much as of late (sleep trumping the need to run) and didn't want to kill my foot... and there was the heat factor. I don't feel a bit bad about switching down to the 5k. Sarah ran hard and took second in her age group, and I didn't run hard, and turned in a pretty normal time. We had Starbucks, and chocolate, and spent a lovely morning in the sun at Gas Works. I had told Dad that if I was home in time I'd take the girls to church for the later service. The teen wasn't feeling so great, so we had bagged it the night before, but forgot to include him on our conversation (sorry, hon!). But the younger one was chomping at the bit to go outside. After I got home, the teenager decided she wants to sign up for a race. Think I'll grab the Couch to 5k for her and get us started! The rest of the day was spent doing normal Sunday chores (grocery shopping, napping, reading, etc.) It was still really hot, so we had more delicious after an equally delicious kabob dinner.
 

(7/14) And here we are at Monday again. It's a work day for me, and Dad has the kiddos. Might be another chill (er, not) day at our house.
 
The teenager is very in to Fruits Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment