Monday, August 11, 2014

August 5th-11th


(8/5) Work day for Dad and me and Kathy had the kiddos.  C has hockey camp every day this week and the girls had their visit, so they were all away for part of the day.  C is really enjoying camp.  It's hard and he comes home exhausted, but this was definitely a great activity for him!  They have all ages together and I think that helps him work that much harder to keep up with the big kids.  So today was kind of crazy with all the schedules and everyone was on the last shred of sanity by the end, but we survived and had a decent evening. 


(8/6)  Work day for Dad and I had the kids.  I hit a Pump class early this morning for the first time in forever.  You may need to pass the WD-40 later.  Ouch.  I came home and went back to sleep and caught another few hours before the house got up.  We spent the morning outside in the sandbox and after the littles went down for a nap, I got some time to read.  It was rudely interrupted by drama which caused me to pull out my mom voice and give the whole neighborhood some rules.  Yaaaay.  Thankfully that was the excitement for the day, and the rest of the evening went smoothly. 


(8/7) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  I went to dinner tonight with Nanan and my brother to celebrate our birthdays.  We went out to Anthony's and sat out on the deck and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset.  I got home late and missed most of the day with the kids, but it was nice to have a relaxing dinner where I didn't have to share anything. 


(8/8) Work day for Dad and me and Kathy had the kiddos. It was a rough day for our middle kiddo with some stellar choices.  She was keyed way, way up tonight because we were headed to the pool for "Wipeout" night (inflatable swim).  I had two teen aged tag-a-longs since Grandma & Granddad came to stay with the littles.  I told them they were welcome to keep the little guys up until we returned.  I'm glad they did since I brought home sundaes and sugared them up before putting them to bed.  I'm mean like that. Our oldest decided on a sleepover at a friend's house, so I had a mostly quiet house to myself after the kiddos went to bed. 


(8/9)  We had a park date this morning.  Our oldest girl called right as we pulled up to let me know she wasn't feeling well and wanted one of us to come get her. Once home, I pulled the bike out for our middle girl to discover a pancake-flat tire AGAIN.  Grr.  About the only happy critters today were the twinsies.  We stayed at the park until it was lunch/nap time.  I took the littles home and got them situated, then kicked the middles out to work on their attitudes, and headed out myself to get the lawn mowed.  The littles were having a party upstairs and not sleeping, so I figured, why not!  Once they finally woke up, I set up the pool for them and the sprinkler for the middles.  We stayed out until dinner, then went inside to cook and eat.  I took the littles up for a hose down (bath) and after I put them to bed, discovered the middles out playing in the dirt, so they moved up bath night too. 


(8/10) Laid-back Sunday.  I took the girls to church this morning, and we bummed around until then.  After we got back, it was time for lunch and the littles to "nap."  And by nap, I mean mattress flipping and jumping on the board beneath.  It took them a while to go down, but before they went to sleep the middles had exhausted the last of my patience and got themselves kicked out to terrorize the neighborhood and get out of my hair for a bit.  I kicked myself out as well and went for a long walk.  I returned to discover our dog had found the pair of little boy sandals that got left out over night and chowed down, so had to run out to replace those.  Then we had a phone visit, dinner, and the bigs went ice skating with Dad.  It was so nice to have some time with just my littles.  We shared some delicious, called Nanan, and suggested she have "a-licious" too.


(8/11) Both of us were supposed to work today since Dad had a training, but it had gotten cancelled and nobody bothered to let anyone know. So we had Sarah over at our house at the crack of dawn, and everything for this to all work, annnnnd GRRR.  Happy Monday indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment