Monday, August 4, 2014

July 29th-August 4th


(7/29) Happy Anniversary to my hubby & me! We've officially been together longer than we've been apart.  Here's to another lucky 13!  Dad had to work day, but the rest of us had plans to meet the grandparents at the beach for a picnic.  I brilliantly sunscreened everyone, but totally forgot about my back. I was a little crispy tonight.  We had lots of fun and topped a yummy lunch off with ice cream, and then headed home too sugared up for the littles to sleep... but it was worth a shot! 


(7/30) Nanan came today to watch the littles so I could take the bigs to Jetty Island. That was a lot of fun- the tide was very low so the beach stretched on forever.  Everybody swam, and hunted crabs, clams, and one of the kids even caught a shrimp!  We came home full of sand and were sunburned, because once again I forgot about someone's back. To be fair, we sunscreened and then she took off her jacket later.  She was pretty miserable tonight with it though.  Sorry, kiddo. 


(7/31)  Dad had the day off, so we ran around doing normal Thursday things and then had the kiddos converge at Sarah's house so Dad and I could go to the Steakhouse for a belated anniversary dinner tonight.  We had the place to ourselves and were serenaded.  Fun!  It was a very much needed night away from it all. 

 

(8/1) Happy Birthday to me!  I thought about leaving the kiddos with a sitter and taking the day, but opted instead to just stay home.  We've been pretty busy lately, which is fun, but it's nice not to have plans sometimes too.  The big kids were in and out today and the littles and I had lots of backyard sandbox time.


(8/2) My baby brother turned 30 today.  I'm not sure when he passed me, since I'm still 29.  We spent a relaxing day bumming around the house until it was time to head to his party.  Grandma watched the kiddos so Granddad and I could go.  We had thunder, lightning, and hail at the house but up north it was 80° and clear.  I had lots of fun, and it sounds like Grandma did too! 


(8/3)  I took the big kiddos sailing today!  We agreed we'd only go out if it was calm, since our kiddos have a tendency to get seasick.  They did fine and only had a few tummy rumbles when we were going in circles looking for a missing crab pot.  Sadly we never did find it.  I'm betting it probably had all the crabs.  We went to the grandparents' for dinner ~ since we only caught two crab, we all got a taste of that and had fish from the store rather than the ocean.  We caught a lot of seaweed today, that we could have had for dinner, though the kids were pretty adamant that we not save any of that.


(8/4) And now back to our regularly scheduled chaos of work and kiddos.  Reality.  Please pass the coffee. 



No comments:

Post a Comment