Monday, September 22, 2014

September 16th-22nd


(9/16)  Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the kiddos.  She called for an early pick-up, and I rushed home to collect the kiddos. C was very bummed that I was there early. He loves being there. Our thoughts are with them this week (personal issue). The teen had drama practice, and got home after us today.  That meant she also got a pass from making dinner since I was already home.  She seems to really be liking drama - I'm glad!   


(9/17)  Work day for Dad and I had the kiddos.  I took the littles to story time at the library and we came home for nap.  Nanan came after they were down so I could go collect the teen from school, and then C, and then take both to the teen's appointment.  We hit the pet store after to replace her betta fish that jumped out of its cup during a tank change.  C got one of his own and named it Seahawk.  The kiddos had me so frazzled while prepping dinner tonight with both bigs doing homework, talking to Nanan, and the twins spilling drinks that I misplaced the pizza crust and completely forgot where I put it.  I, uh, threw it away.  Thankfully it was still in the bag and usable... but still.  I guess I can only do about 40 different things at once.


(9/18) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  I went to a class after work and didn't get home until after the littles went to bed.  Dad and the teenager left to grocery shop while I got C to bed, and I got some time to read in between. 


(9/19)  Work day for Dad and me, and Sarah had the twinsies.  I took off early from work so I could go get C from school.  I met the teenager at home, and after a quick snack, we piled in the car to go to Sarah's, and then all piled in her car to go out to the aquatic center.  We had the best time!  The Snohomish facility has a toddler area, a lazy river, a water slide, and was perfect.  I didn't have to worry about C, or the teen, and just had to keep an eye on the littles.  J had a meltdown about putting on his suit and getting his hair wet, but we got over it and played the entire time in the toddler area.  D got brave and did the slide by himself. He started getting pretty adventurous, and wanted to go in the deeper water and to check out the lazy river.  The lifeguards tried to tell the littles a bazillion times to walk, but they're just not capable, I've decided.  We all crashed soon after getting home and inhaling the dinner Dad left for us.  


(9/20)  Slept in this morning and it was heavenly!  Got the kiddos up and off to hockey practice.  I actually got to watch a bit because the littles sat quietly for snacks, and then played on my gadgets.  After hockey, we made a run to the store to grab an on-the-road lunch for all of us.  We went home, finished prepping lunch, and off we headed to take the teenager up to visit a friend.  Sounds like a great plan, eh?  The teenager's friend went on a sleepover and was unreachable while we were there.  We ran out to a park to try to salvage some of the day, and then tried another friend, but she wasn't home either.  The teenager was pretty homesick and I felt bad the day was such a flop.  I asked the kids if they would like strawberry or chocolate sundaes, and D went from sound asleep to shouting "CHOCOLATE!" at the mere mention of ice cream.  Silly boy!  We had our ice cream before dinner, because ice cream.  And then I packed the kiddos back in the car and we headed to a training for me at the church, and the boys went to daycare.  We got home super late, and D had a meltdown about leaving his popcorn for tomorrow.  And they have to get up early tomorrow... Whoops.  


(9/21)  This morning I ran the Beat the Blerch race with some work peeps and Sarah.  C had hockey at the obscene hour of 7am, which meant that all the boys were roused at 6am to get them on the road on time.  None of them was happy.  My handsome big boy does look awesome in his new red uniform though!  The bigs were supposed to get to go bowling with a friend today, but every friend was already busy, and nothing worked out so Dad called it.  Everyone was home when I arrived, even Nanan stopped in to pick up her pup that we've been watching.  We had a short, but nice visit and Zoe was stoked to go home!  I was starving, so suggested the buffet for dinner.  Something for everyone! C piled his plate so high that he barely made a dent.  The littles were excited about "lellow" (yellow Jello) and chocolate.  I told them we were going to the place with Jello and they knew right where we were headed.  It was a peaceful enough evening that I caught a cat nap while the littles were out banging trucks into the "hot-e-cue" (barbecue) and zooming around the kitchen.  Baths and bedtime for all, and then wind down time for us.  


(9/22) Happy Monday!  Dad has the littles, bigs have school, and I am at work.  It is also open house night for the teenager, so I get to go check out her classes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment