Monday, September 29, 2014

September 23rd-29th


(9/23) Work day for Dad and me, and Sarah had the littles.  Nanan grabbed C from school and he turned down ice cream (who is this child!?!!) so he could come home and play video games.  Yeesh.  The teen had drama practice and rode the bus home. I made tacos for dinner and Nanan stayed, so we got to visit.  It was a good evening. 


(9/24)  Busy day on tap today!  Bigs have school, Dad has work, and the littles and I have a date with the library for Toddler Story Time.  The littles listened so well today - they participated in all the songs and even sat and read the books.  Amazing difference from just last week when they wandered around and didn't really engage until the bubbles came out.  Since it was rainy and yucky out, we stopped at the store for some soup, and then they hollered at me when I passed the park on the way home.  Sorry, boys.  I fixed some lunch and put them down for a nap. Soon after Nanan appeared to watch them while I ran to get the bigs and take the teen to her appointment.  Got home from that and got the bigs started on homework while I got dinner together.  Nanan escaped somewhere in that madness.  Can't say I blame her.


(9/25)  Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  C's Curriculum Night was tonight and I ended up going since Dad wasn't feeling so hot.  I love that kind of thing!  He is going to have a great year - his teacher has taught all ages and is very comfortable with multiple levels in the same class.  They have a Smart Board up front and just got to use the Chrome Notebooks the other day.  C came home saying he was going to save up for his own.  Of course.  I took a form to volunteer, but I haven't filled it out because I've really enjoyed my last few Wednesdays with just the twins and think they need some of me too.  Maybe I can go on field trips or help with projects or something. 


(9/26)  Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the boys.  Traffic has been miserable lately, so I knocked off a little early and made it to her house early and had enough time to cook dinner for the boys and see the teen off to a slumber party with a couple of friends from school.  Grandma and Granddad came to watch the boys so I didn't have to haul them with me to a training on How to Work with Your Child's School.  Good stuff!  The boys were almost asleep when I came in and it was nice to visit with the grandparents for a bit tonight.   


(9/27) Didn't do a whole lot today.  C had hockey in the morning, but came home feeling really crummy.  He laid on the couch for most of the morning. I ran out and grabbed the teen and Starbucked us before Dad had to leave for work.  She left for her visit about an hour later, and was gone for half the day.  It was a good visit and I'm happy for her!  The twins and I played around the house and I got a few things done while they were napping and C was watching Power Rangers - "Not for fun, but to get some ideas for building Legos."   Right.  I chopped up pretty much all of our veggies and roasted, froze, and crockpotted most of them.  I tried a new recipe tonight (the Maple Dijon Chicken).  I thought it was very tasty, but the teenager requested that I cook my veggies separately and away from their food "Because eating vegetables makes you old."  This from the girl that would like to become vegetarian.  Uh, sorry sister.  The rest of the evening we spent hanging out.  C was up and racing trucks with the littles, so I'm thinking he feels better!  We watched Hook tonight, since the teen watched Peter Pan yesterday, and she spent most of the time telling the TV that's not how the story goes, and wanting Robin Williams to be cuter.


(9/28) Today I got to run all over Bellingham with Granddad!  We did the Bellingham Bay Half and I took Grandma's place because she injured herself.  We had a great time, even though both of our training was less than stellar.  We just really enjoyed the course. Yeah, that's it.  Dad had the kiddos while I was gone.  C had a game in the morning and ended up playing on the Falcon's team because they were short a player.  The teenager spent most of the day helping a friend paint her room and came home when I had finally sat down on the couch and attempted to catch a few winks while the boys were racing their trucks around the kitchen and living room.  No sleep for me!  Dad ran out and did all the shopping and bought all the things.  We had spaghetti and kneeballs (meatballs) for dinner, then kiddos had baths, and the teen spent more time yelling at the TV again.  (This cracks me up!)


(9/29) Zzz... happy Monday.  It's National Coffee Day, which should totally be a holiday, right?  I am working today and Dad has the kiddos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment