Monday, September 8, 2014

September 2nd-8th


(9/2) We ended up with Kathy's boys last night and kept them until after breakfast today.  Dad & I both had to work, so Granddad and Grandma split the shift caring for kiddos today.  Granddad said they were all calm until I came home. Surrrre, likely story, Granddad. They were cuckoo for me, but that's pretty normal.  And it was full speed from the time I walked in the door until we all collapsed at bedtime. 


(9/3) First day of school & happy birthday to our teen!  I got the kiddos off for adventures in 2nd and 7th grade.  Dad's feet look awful from where the sun scorched them when we were camping last week.  He decided to stay home today and hide from the big fiery ball.  In an effort to stay out of his hair, the littles and I hit the park with Sarah and her boys, and then came home for lunch.  After nap, I went to pick up C and B from school, and Dad was getting a run-down on the teenager's day when we got home.  Dad made us a yummy dinner and then retreated downstairs when the chocolate mousse arrived.  Grandma makes the most delicious mousse! Thanks again for stopping by, Grandma & Granddad! It meant a lot to the birthday girl!  I apologized for sugaring up B when he was picked up, and my house was a total zoo with hyped up kids.  So I did the right thing, I put the littles to bed.  After they ran off some of that chocolate, of course. 


(9/4) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos. I caught a class at the gym before coming home, and got home after the littles had gone to bed. They weren't asleep though, so I got to see them for the second story time of the evening (when C went up).  Dad ran out and did some shopping this evening, and the teenager and I watched some TV.


(9/5) I took today off.  I got the teenager off before my run, took C in after, and came back for the littles so we could go meet Sarah & Jamie at Gymagine.  The boys crack me up - we bring them to play at the gym and what is their favorite thing?  The water fountain.  Sigh.  After they bounced their hearts out and got soaked, we went over to Sarah's to hang and have lunch. After lunch we went home for a quick nap, then collected C from school and met the teenager.  She finished up all she had to do before she was off to visit friends, and C and I sat down for the first of this year's battles over homework.  Yay.  I think I have some better strategies for dealing with homework now, but sheesh.  He complained for three times the amount of time that it actually took to write it out. 


(9/6) First day of tryouts for C this morning.  Dad took him and then I brought the littles to the end of practice so Dad could continue on to work.  I have a really hard time watching C practice when I have the littles, since my attention is just slightly divided.  We stopped for 'delicious' (ice cream) at the store and got back in time for the teenager to head off to her visit.  I had gone running this morning and always seem to choose the days I run as the days I need to be productive and accomplish something during nap.  When will I learn that this is never a good idea?  Anyhow, once the teenager returned and had cleaned her room, she decided on a trip to the mall with a friend.  We had just sat down to dinner when she called to ask us to come get her.  Yaaaay, drama.  Off we went to collect her and then came home to finish dinner and start on the delicious.  What was left of the evening went well, at least. 


(9/7) I've been so excited for today ~ I got to meet some recently discovered family members this morning! We gabbed all morning and hopefully can do it again soon!  C had his second day of tryouts for hockey, so Dad took the herd and got in his workout chasing after the toddlers, who now refuse to be confined to the stroller.  They were down for a "nap" by the time I returned, and by nap I mean talking and squealing in their cribs.  The teenager had a friend come over and we had a lovely afternoon hanging out, followed by dinner, and Slurpees for the bigs.  I caught the rest of my family up on today (and Sarah I'm lumping you in with family!) and finally settled in for the night.  You know it's been a good day when your cheeks hurt from smiling.


(9/8) Yawn.  It's Monday again?  Didn't we just do the Monday thing?  I am working today and Dad has the kiddos.  Here's to another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment