Monday, September 15, 2014

September 9th-15th


(9/9) I took today off and promptly filled it with appointments.  Our first appointment of the day was with our teenager and it ran way longer than I anticipated.  So much so that I had to run home and grab the twinsies so Dad could go to work.  After it wrapped up, I picked up the teen and then finally got her to school during 5th period.  Yeesh.  The twins were horrified that I left her at the "library" and sobbed about not being able to stay and play.  It was way past lunch time, so we stopped and grabbed enough to picnic at the park and stayed through nap until it was time to go get C from school.  The teenager stayed after class to audition for the school play and called us to collect her later this evening.  She thinks it went well, and we're holding our breath for Friday! 


(9/10) Today was my normal day off, which I had also filled with stuff and things.  Dentist for me in the AM, then story time for littles with Nanan, and then coffee and lunch for all of us before we collected the bigs from school.  Story time was a riot, as usual.  The twins ran around, tried to escape, and didn't participate in anything except for a couple of songs. I'm really glad the librarian is understanding of toddlers and I don't worry about them not sitting with me, and doing their own thing.  They crashed hard after lunch, and Nanan stayed so I didn't have to wake them.  C decided not to come out with his teacher and about gave me a heart attack.  He had gone back in and checked out a book that was way above his level.  When his teacher suggested that he probably wouldn't get through it, he told her that I would read it.  Uh, dear child, I don't think that's the point.


(9/11) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  He took the littles in for hair cuts and I spent the day mourning J's curls.  The twins are still so cute, but look so much more grown up with buzzed heads.  I can't resist rubbing J's head now 'cuz it's so fuzzy.  I was home late today so didn't see them in person until I went up to read C's book.  Yeah, I don't think we're going to finish in time.  Can he just watch the movie?  (Eragon)


(9/12)  Work day for Dad & me, school for the bigs, and Kathy had the twins.  The teenager made us dinner tonight and it was very good.  I had time enough to wolf some food down before Grandma arrived to watch everyone before book club this evening.   I'm glad I re-read the book (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) since I've read the whole trilogy, seen the movies, but couldn't remember where the first one left off.  Good discussion, and of course good wine and desserts. I had a great time and it sounds like Grandma had fun too!


(9/13) Last hockey tryout for C this morning before they start practice on their new teams!  We heard late today that he is a Mighty Mite and are so proud of him!  I had run about eight miles this morning before I left and clocked another two chasing the twinsies around the rink during practice.  Needless to say, we all zonked at nap time.  We left just before dinner to stop and pick up something for my nephew's birthday this evening, because I'm prepared like that.  And off we went to Red Robin for dinner.  We had a great time and the herd was really well behaved for the length of time we sat.  At the end, I let them get thoroughly sugared up with cupcakes, and had to take them to the park to burn off some of it.  After that we headed home to collapse again. 


(9/14)  C and Dad headed to hockey this morning, the teen wanted to go to church, so we dropped her, and the littles and I headed to the park.  We returned in time to collect the teen and then go make lunch.  C came home and instructed me in the art of making sushi (wrap, but whatever), and Dad went out shopping.  We putzed around for the afternoon and took care of Sunday chores.  For dinner, we emptied out the veggie bin, and Dad found something to do with the fennel we got in our box last week.  He made the best cucumber fennel salsa!  I caught up on some TV after the littles went down.  I might be ready for season premieres this fall!


(9/15) Back to work with me today.  No more vacation planned for a while, and I have to survive a whole normal week! Womp womp.  Dad has the kiddos today and we're supposed to be enjoying summer's last hurrah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment