Monday, October 20, 2014

October 14th-20th


(10/14) Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the boys.  I got to leave work early to attend a wedding shower for my boss at Village Wines.  So happy for her, and it was fun to visit and get to know her better!  Redoing lost homework with the teenager isn't quite so laborious after a glass of wine, I have to say.  Dear teenager, stop doing that.


(10/15) Work day for Dad, school for the bigs, and I had the littles.  We went to story time at the library and because it was kind of yucky, came home for lunch, and I napped them early.  They are nap striking now, so they didn't go to sleep for over an hour, but by then Nanan had arrived and I was on to the busy part of my day. I collected the teen, stopped for snacks, grabbed C, and then took the teen to her appointment.  C got a start on his reading and then busied himself with my iPod.  She had a good session, and looking back this week has been much better emotionally.  So yay for that. After that, we ran and got coffee for Nanan, and went home to a crockpot dinner (thanks, Dad!). Nanan stayed and we got homework and various things done, and had a pretty good night.   


(10/16) Work day for me, school for bigs, and Dad had the kids.  The teen stayed after school to catch up on some work, and then had a visit from her social worker.  Annnnd everything went to heck shortly after.  After I got the littles to bed, I dragged her downstairs, and we got started on homework.  Poor love, she's really missing her family. Anyway, we got what we could done and called it a night.  It'll be better tomorrow. Has to.


(10/17)  Work day for Dad & me, school for the bigs, and the littles went to Kathy's.  C had Lego camp after school and is really loving it.  I'm hoping to switch to telecommuting Fridays so that I can save myself a couple of hours of commuting and get to see all my kids much sooner after work. Fingers crossed that that'll go through!  Right now we're not getting home until 6p, and then it's a whirlwind of dinner, homework shenanigans, and bedtime that zoom by in a blur. 


(10/18)  I slept in this morning and it was glorious.  I stumbled upstairs when the big boys headed out for hockey.  The teenager joined us a while later and we all watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  Be jealous.  The teenager had a visit today and left around noon for that.  C pestered me about giving him more math for so long that I set him up on Khan Academy (online classes on a variety of subjects) so he would be out of my hair for a bit, and I could read my book.  50% of the way through 2nd grade math, I told him he should probably stop so he'd have something left to learn this year.  He was all psyched to change up his character.  After the teenager got back, I made dinner for us all and then took the twins to a training class.  They got to go play in the day care and I went upstairs to listen to a speaker.  The last time we came, we went to pick up C upstairs and got popcorn, so the boys assumed we were going up again for popcorn.  I told them we should stop and get some cookies or ice cream and called the bigs to see which they'd prefer.  They voted for ice cream.  The littles helped pick - strawberry for J and peanut butter chocolate for D.  J was absolutely crushed when we left the store with our ice cream but didn't also get cookies.  And then his pink ice cream wasn't pink enough. So more drama there.  D was WIRED after ice cream, and because I'm a quality parent, I sugared them up and put them to bed.


(10/19)  Caught a run / Starbucks stroll with Sarah before heading home to wake the rest of the house.  C had a hockey game this morning, the teenager wanted to go to church, and the littles were just waking up.  The teenager ended up not feeling so hot, so we spent the morning in our jammies instead.  She and I went to a baby shower for my newest nieceling due next month. It was put on by all the grandmas and was lovely. I'm so excited for them! After it was over, we headed home where some of our friends had arrived for game night.  We have got to get back into hosting more, since we always go too long without seeing everyone. I ended up running interference for the 3 year old twinadoes until they went to bed, and then sat and read my book, and visited while the others finished their game. We had fun, and hopefully we can do it again soon!


(10/20) Yay, a rainy Monday!  I can't tell you how much I enjoy a 95 minute commute.  Excellent way to start the day.  Dad has the kiddos today, bigs have school and I finally made it. I guess I should get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment