Monday, October 13, 2014

October 7th-13th


(10/7) Work day for Dad and me, school for the bigs, and the littles were with Kathy.  Tonight was a whole lot of no fun.  The teenager is convinced she does not need an education, and will marry rich, and can stay home and be a housewife. Sorry, sister, that does not get you out of school while you're with us.  I bribed us both with ice cream to power through.  It wasn't pretty, but we got it done.


(10/8) Work day for Dad, school for the bigs, and the littles and I had the day to play.  We hit Gymagine for some jumping, and invited Granddad and Grandma to come too.  Us grownups aren't allowed to play on the equipment, so we tried not to jump as we chased the twins.  We hit Starbucks for a snack afterward and then parted ways. I ran the littles over to the park, and then we came home for lunch and nap.  The littles were so keyed, it took them a good hour to calm down and go to sleep.  Nanan arrived so I could run over and grab the teen from school, collect the boy, and then get the teen to her appointment.  After a productive session, we came home for dinner.  It was a fun & busy day!


(10/9)  Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos. Dad had a full day of chauffeuring the kids and getting the car worked on.  We almost met up so I could have a carpool kiddo in the back, but it didn't work out.  I went to a class after work and Dad went home to make an awesome dinner. Shrimp and fettuccine are faves of mine! I watched a little TV, but was battling sleep and finally gave up and turned in. 


(10/10)  Work day for Dad and me & Kathy had the boys.  No school today for the teen or the big boy.  The teen said she had an epic day of laziness.  I'm jealous!  She got dinner ready for us so it was ready to be dished out when we got home.  We had a nice dinner, time whizzed by, and all the sudden it was all of our bedtimes.


(10/11) Happy Birthday twinsies!  D wished everyone a happy birthday too. Funny guy!  After a delicious breakfast, we let the twins open the "birthday box" (because I'm lazy and didn't wrap it), which had two bigger dump trucks to drive around.  They came with Megabloks. The twinsies loved the one we gave to their cousin last month. I got some cupcakes started while the circus carried on in the living room. Sarah came over mid-morning and brought a whack-a-mole cup game that D & J played allll day. J carted around the hammer and all the cups in his truck and, of course, refused to share.  Nana sent them a fire station and jungle play set, which also joined the cups and Megabloks in J's truck.  After playing hard all morning, I got lunch together, and got the twins in bed just before the teenager left for her visit.  I needed the littles to nap early because I signed C up for a class at the library on Lego Animation.  I mistook where it said GRADES 4-8 and thought it meant ages when I did so. Whoops. He is a little young, but they said he could stay, and he had a ball.  I'll post the link to his movie once it's posted.  The twinsies love the library, and we stayed in the children's section for a while, and then ran out to get a snack at the store as well as balloons for the birthday boys.  We took them home so they wouldn't fly away again (we nearly lost them in the store when J set them free, but the fan fortuitously blew them back down where a nice man caught them for us).  I let the boys play for a while and then we packed up and went back to the library to grab the big boy, then home to meet the teen, fix dinner, and have more cupcakes.  Shew!


(10/12) It was a hang around in your jammies kind of morning.  Dad ran the teenager to church and I stayed home and kept my cold to myself.  Stupid cough kept me up half the night.  The littles played all morning and I can tell we've hit 3 because I had to put them in timeout about seventeen times for throwing.  It doesn't help when big brother gets them started either.  Dad came home with soup and grilled cheese supplies, and I got lunch started for everyone while he was fetching the teenager.  We had lunch and then spent some quality time with our books while the littles napped.  I woke some sleepy boys up to go to an early dinner at El Paraiso to celebrate with our entire family.  Oma & Opa were in town and we haven't seen them since last Christmas, we think.  The twins have grown just a little bit since then. Grandma, Granddad, Nanan, Jake, Amber, Ryker, & Shannon all came too.  The twins ate their weight in chips and beans, and then didn't want dinner.  Because bean dip.  We had a great dinner and the twins got some awesome new toys and jammies.  We broke out all their gifts when we got home and D insisted that I get the bubble machine going right away.  We went through half the bottle of solution.  Those boys LOVE their bubbles! Oma and Opa came back to visit with us a bit, and we all shouted to be heard over the laughter and trucks being zoomed around the living room.  Good times!  Love my family! 


(10/13) Yawn.  To work with me, school for the bigs, and the littles are with Dad today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment