Monday, October 6, 2014

September 30th-October 6th


(9/30) Today was a work day for Dad and me, but first I took the teen to court.  All that travelling for it her case to be continued.  Yaaaaaay.  I got the teen to school and myself to work.  C had school and Kathy had the littles.  I picked them up after work and met the teen at home.  She had not only started dinner but had cleaned the kitchen!  I asked her whose house I walked into and thanked her.  What a nice surprise! After dinner we hit the books and did ALL THE THINGS before turning in for the night.


(10/1) Whirlwind Wednesday.  School for bigs, work for Dad, and story time at the library for littles and me.  We grabbed a picnic lunch for the park after story time.  It was threatening to rain and was kind of cold, so we didn't stay too long.  The littles were ready for nap by then anyway, so home we went.  Nanan came to watch them while I grabbed the teenager and C from their schools and took the teen to her appointment.  C got his reading and gaming time in while we waited and then we headed on home. Nanan joined us for dinner and stayed for the chaos that is typical of our evenings.  By the kids' bedtime, I'm beat.


(10/2)  Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  Dad and I were supposed to go out to dinner, but Dad came down with something awful and he banished himself downstairs after I got home.  The bigs and I had a nice dinner together and watched some TV.  We sure do know how to party. 


(10/3)  Today was a work day for Dad & me and Grandma and Granddad had the kiddos.  C had Lego camp after school today, and was only disappointed that he didn't get to build life-sized cars. Grandma took the twins shopping and distracted them with some really fun books that have buttons to push periodically throughout the story.  She also got them some new cars, which are always a huge hit!  She had everyone fed, cupcaked, and ready for the next part of the evening by the time I got home.  Dad brought home dinner part two and we took the bigs out to see the Tips' home opener!  It was a close game and we lost 25 seconds into OT. Sigh. The bigs danced their way onto the Jumbotron tonight.  I wish I had my camera out to catch it. 


(10/4) C had hockey this morning and the rest of us stayed in our jammies until the big boys got home.  We scoped out some Halloween options online and decided on a field trip to Value Village before committing.  We scored big at VV.  J was excited about the fish and horsey costumes in the store, but not so much when I tried to put them on at home. The teenager is going to be a vampire princess, C a ninja, D will probably be Nemo, and J will either be a horse or I'll see if I can find a cape so he can be "Super On" (aka Super Man), which he loves.  I am going as a frazzled mom since I already have the costume.  We stopped for some lunch at the store and went home to cook it and put the littles down for a nap.  I had to wake them at 4:45p!  Tired boys!  I decided it was leftover night, so the kids helped clean out the fridge and I didn't have to cook. That worked for me!  We sat down to watch some TV together after dinner and called it a night. 





(10/5)  I had coffee with the ladies this morning - it fun to see them!  Dad took C to hockey where he played right-wing for the entire game.  He scored a goal against his friend who was doing a heck of a job fending almost everything off.  I had bribed the teenager to watch the littles for a short while this morning and returned with an eggnog latte for her in payment.  C used the afternoon to "modify" his bike ~ he really wants to motorize it, but settled on putting cardboard noisemakers on it.  He and I then joined Sarah & her daughter out on the trail for a stroll by the river.  It was a pretty afternoon! The littles were still zonked after we got home, so I actually got to sit down and read for a bit before they got up.  Then it was on to Sunday chores, dinner, and 'encouraging' the children to get their chores and homework done.


(10/6) Work day for me, school for the bigs, and Dad has the littles today. I kicked my morning off with a 100 minute commute.  I'm glad I made coffee before I left.  Here's to a better and more productive rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment