Monday, November 3, 2014

October 28th-November 3rd


(10/28)  Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the boys.  We don't get home until 6p on Tuesdays, so the teen started dinner for us and it was ready when we walked in.  Perfect!  We pretty much had time to visit, eat, and then it was bedtime.  Never enough hours in the day.   


(10/29) Day off for me and work day for Dad.  After the bigs went to school, I asked the littles what they wanted to do and got "No" for everything I suggested.  At 9a, they both fell to pieces because we didn't have time to go to jump-jump (gymnastics).  I threw on some clothes and we were out the door a few minutes later.  We got there a little late, but it worked out fine and they still got to play for a half hour.  We stopped by the park after for a little bit and then went home for a snack before we had to go get C.  Nanan arrived after I put the littles down for nap so I could go to C's conference.  I love his teacher this year and she really has C figured out.  He seems to be enjoying his year too.  We have some practice writing to do, but he's way ahead in math and has a head for computers.  Smarty pants!  The teen had drama practice and then went out for a bit.  Nanan stayed for dinner and then left when it all got chaotic with everyone home.  Gee, I wonder why.


(10/30) Work day for me, and Dad had the kiddos.  I went to Zumba after work, so I didn't see everybody until I went up to read C stories.  The teen was very upset with me because I had told her that she had to have all her work in to have a sleepover, and that was looking pretty unlikely.  Sorry, kiddo... Try the turning in your work thing and see how fast I change my mind. 


(10/31)  Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the boys.  The teen was off super early and had a friend come home with her so they could work on their costumes.  I worked from home today, so was able to visit with them periodically, and check out their costumes in progress.  They both went as Snow Whites.  They finished early and then decided to go walk around to show off.  It was raining, but they didn't seem to care.  Goofy girls.  After work, I ran over to grab the boys from Kathy's, and then we headed to Sarah's so we could eat dinner and trick-or-treat in their neighborhood.  The boys were awesome!  They trekked all over, and were all about getting chocolate from every house.  Both boys even carried their increasingly heavy buckets and were pros by the end of the evening.  C stayed over at Sarah's house and I took some very tired twinsies home.  They were asleep before I even left the room.  The teens met me back at the house and we watched some TV, and because someone got all her work in, her friend got to stay! Woot!  Around 10, I noticed one of them was sound asleep so I sent them upstairs and didn't hear a peep.  They were exhausted too. 


(11/1) C was invited back over to play at Jordan's house after hockey, so I only saw him for a short time this morning when he went out to practice and came home.  The teenagers appeared at about 10:30 briefly and then went back up.  It's hard to wake up.  I got everybody ready to head out the door before noon.  Dropped one teen off and ours went off to her visit.  The littles and I hit the museum to burn off some energy on a dreary Saturday.  We stopped by the store for some lunch and then I put the littles down for a late nap, and had an hour of quiet before C came home.  The boys and I went to Granddad's house for dinner with the fam.  The teenager stayed for a birthday party, and we met her back at the house after a fun-filled evening.   


(11/2) C had a big game this morning - he was in goal for the entire 48 minute game period!  He worked hard the whole game and made some really nice saves.  The littles busied themselves by going in and out the door that separates the rink from the lobby.  They decided to go coatless, so I was good with that.  I kept half an eye on them, and boosted them up periodically to "watch hockey" and then let them go again.  Granddad, Grandma, Amber, and Ryker all came out to cheer too!  After hockey, Dad ran out and grabbed us an early lunch, since all of us were feeling hungry well before the new noon.  No thank you, time change.  After lunch, the littles went down, and I ran the teenager out to the mall.  And then I came home and spent some quality time with my book.  After I picked her up, we lazed about the house for a bit, and then it was on to dinner, showers, and Sunday night shows for all. 


(11/3) And Monday again.  Back to normalish schedules this week.  Bigs have school, I'm working, and Dad has the littles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment