Monday, November 17, 2014

Words & Our Week


Me: C'mere, maniac
D: I am not a maniac, I DD!

C: I'm gonna create a technology that's faster than light!

D: More eggnog?
Me: ONE cup. 
D: No, two!

D: Where did Dad's brains go?
Good question!
D: Get the beans outta my brains!

J: Nolas and o-gurt?  (granola + yogurt)
D: It's my tiger-tastic car! (because it's orange)

D: It's coffee!
Me: No, it's tea.
D: It's tea-coffee!
D: Mama want more coffee?
Me: Always.
D: GO GET THE COFFEE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW!

Me: Aww, but it will be cute!
D: No, I don't want cute!


(11/11) Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the boys. I got to go play today since we had a staff retreat.  We went to Redhook for lunch, and then out to the Drunken Easel for some wine & painting.  The teen claimed my painting pronto (it's on the left).  LOL!  She had drama after school, and Granddad and Grandma picked her up after, and took her home with them.  She picked out a new recipe to try for dinner and we were all invited over to try it out.  She picked chicken pot pies.  YUM!  My brother and sis-in-law are staying with my folks, and it was fun to hang with them for the evening.  My poor SIL is very done with being pregnant ~ just a little bit longer! 


(11/12) Work day for Dad, and I had the kiddos.  I got some stuff done around the house and we spent the morning at home, which is unusual for us.  The twins refused to nap until about 2pm and I had to wake them around 2:15pm so we could go get C... They were grumpy, but cheered up when I took us all to the grocery store for snacks and dinner supplies.  We made pizza, which was cooked and ready to be passed out by the time we collected the teen from drama practice.  Sure will be glad when this play is over.


(11/13) Work day for me, and Dad had the kiddos.  I woke to the news that my niece had arrived!  Congrats, Jake & Amber!!   Dad and I are attending opening night for the teen's play this evening. She's in Alice in Wonderland Jr.  I'm so excited!  Sarah graciously watched the boys when we had a change of plans at the last minute.  Seems the grandparents were just slightly tired after the middle of the night arrival of their new granddaughter.  The play was very cute!  Loved the costumes and the characters! 


(11/14) Work day for Dad and me, Sarah had the littles, and Kathy had C.  C got to go to the Children's Museum after school today with Kathy, and the teen had a performance for her play.  I dropped her at school, collected the twins, met C at home, and then ran back to the school because the teen forgot her tights.  Weeeee.  Fed the kiddos and watched some TV with the boys while we waited to go grab the teen.  Finally got everyone home and closed the books on another whirlwind Friday.


(11/15) Today was busy, but really good.  C had hockey this morning, so he and Dad ran off to do that before Dad went to work.  The teenager had two play performances and had to be at school from 12:30-8:30pm.  Her sister was staying at a friend's house down the street, and the sister's foster mom offered to take the teen to school and attend the matinee performance.  The teen just missed seeing new baby cuteness that stopped by!  Jake, Amber, & Ryker came by and I got to meet my new niece, Isley.  She's just precious!  We visited for a bit and then Nanan arrived to collect C so they could go to the teen's play. The play was super ~ the teen's mom came & really made her day.  Hurrah for that! After Jake, Amber, and the kiddos left, it was just the littles and me for the bulk of the day.   I put them down for a nap and had some quiet hours to myself.  The teen had a cast party after her last performance, so I kept the littles up until we needed to go get her.  Around 9:30p, Nanan and a very exhausted C came home and Nanan decided she was going to stay over, which allowed me to get the boys in bed and us to visit before collecting a pretty ecstatic teen. So the play she didn't want to stick with turned out to be a cool thing after all. Granddad & Grandma picked up photo books at her play and they're just beautiful.  I know she will love them. 


(11/16) Productive/lazy day for us. C, Dad, and Nanan went to hockey this morning and the littles and I bummed around in our jammies, and the teen slept in.  We got a visit mid-morning from the teen's sister. The sister's friend's (got all that?) bday was today and the teen got to go along to the skating rink this afternoon for her party.  C and Dad went coat shopping and I held the couch down and made sure it didn't go anywhere.  The littles hooted and hollered their way through nap and J managed to flip his mattress over and get his arm stuck in the board below.  Sigh. I gave up and got wired toddlers up and put them in time out approximately 5,998 times in the subsequent few hours. They earned themselves an early bedtime.


(11/17)  And helllllo Monday.  I see you're up to shenanigans already. The teen overslept and missed her bus, Dad has to take the van in for service and has the littles while I work.  We are planning dinner out tonight, and I'm most definitely looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment