Monday, November 24, 2014

Words & Our Week


Dad buys Cocoa Puffs ~
Me: Nolas and yogurt?
D (demonic voice): NO, I WANT CHOCOLATE!

Trying to put D to bed ~
D: NO, I NO WANT NIGHT-NIGHT, I WANT TO DO MY HOMEWORK!

D: NO, I NO WANT NIGHT-NIGHT, DDs wants to go to Grandma's and have chocolate!
Me: No, it's night-night time.
D: NOOOOOO, DDs WANTS CHOCOLATE!
Me: Not tonight. On Tuesday.
D: *tears*
Me: Two sleeps.
D: Oh okay. Good night, Mama.

Putting D down for a nap ~
D: Love you!  Sweet dreams!


Giving D a hug when he doesn't want one ~
D: GET OFF OF ME!

The teen steps on the ropes next to D ~
D: Please, S, get off of me!

Trying to give the teenager a hug when she doesn't want one ~
D: Hug?
S: NO!
D: Hug?
S: NO!
D (crying to me): Deedles wants to get a hug!

Me: And our day has gone to $hit.
J: $hit!
Dad (glaring at me): Parrot.
J: Parrot!

It's a good look, no?
(11/18) Work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the boys.  Tuesdays are long, and I don't get home with the boys until 6pm.  The teen usually starts a simple dinner, and learned this week that reading the instructions helps.  I'm thankful for the help, and for the smile when it goes awry.


(11/19) Three year old checkup for the littles.  We were early for our appointment, and D was an absolute booger.  He kept going out the door and turning the lights on/off.  They were running behind, so it was about a half hour of that to enjoy.  Thankfully, they put us in the room with the piano, which is one of their faves.  But once the doctor came in, and while I was holding J, D opened the door and took off, not once but TWICE.  He made it all the way past the front desk, and out the office door, before I was able to put J down and go get him.  Both are 33lbs and 38-39".  Didn't get the percentages, but the doctor pronounced them healthy, and off we went.  I stopped at the store for cookies for all of us, and D pitched a fit about NOT wanting a cookie... so that was fun.  Then through a mouthful of cookie on the way home, he said that he wanted to go to Grandma's and have more cookies.  I called Grandma up to tell her and she asked if we were on our way over. So off we went!  We had more cookies at Grandma's and the boys rearranged their spices as they do on every trip.  Home for a quick nap, which I rudely interrupted when it was time to go get C.  The teen had a visit from her social worker tonight.  We were going to go shopping after, but someone neglected to get her homework in, so I was mean and said no. 


(11/20) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  We had a movie night tonight and watched Earth to Echo (very cute) followed by Catching Fire, since the teen had not seen it.  She wants to see Mockingjay, but I've heard it's not that great. Hum...


(11/21) Work day for Dad & me and Kathy had the boys.  I telecommute on Fridays and was home when the teen got done with school.  We lasted a whole 40 minutes before she got mad at me and stormed off.  She decided on a nap while I finished working, and I let her know I was going to get the boys and to please pull dinner out when the timer went off.  Dinner was fine, but she resumed being mad at me after dinner when I said something about homework again. 


(11/22) Dad and C left early for hockey pictures and practice.  The teen, twinsies, and I made a run to Michaels for some birthday gifts.  The bulk of her family has birthdays close together, so they were going to celebrate today at the visit.  The teen put together gifts for everyone and was picked up early to go to an extended visit.  Dad dropped C by and headed out to work.  The boys and I made cookies for snack before lunch.. because that's how we roll.  The teen's visit was cut heartbreakingly short, and I got a text that she would be back early.  The twins took 2 hours to finally settle and go to sleep, and finally went down shortly before she got home. I offered to take us all out to the buffet to salvage a bust of a day. We let the twins sleep a little longer, and then got them up and headed to the restaurant only to get there and see for lease signs on the door.  Ugh.  That was the teen's favorite too.  We headed to the store and grabbed some Chinese instead, and went home to eat.  After dinner, Grandma came to get the bigs to take them to a play at the high school that the teen wanted to see.  They drove over there, got seated and realized I sent them to the wrong high school.  Crap!  I just assumed... They ended up leaving at intermission because they were having a hard time hearing, and they were right up in front.  Grandma took them for ice cream.... Man, today was cruddy all around. 


(11/23) C had hockey this morning.  I changed back into my jammies and bummed around with the littles while the Dad & C were at his game.  Dad called after and wanted to go for lunch.  The teen, twins, and I piled in the car and went to Skippers where we ordered more food than we could all eat (which is a rarity!).  After lunch, the teen and I took the twinsies to the park to play since we had a moment of sunshine, and then we headed home for nap. The teen was out for the afternoon, but came back to go shopping with Dad. Mid-afternoon she called a friend and made some plans we deemed not feasible and she lost it.  Outburst train right on schedule.  Wee.  I think we're good now, and the dust has settled... so on to the next battle! 


(11/24) Short week on deck this week.  I am working today, Dad has the kiddos and the bigs have school.  Looking forward to all of the festivities planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment