Monday, November 10, 2014

Words & Our Week


Words:

Me: Sorry, buddy, I can't fix it.
D: No, not the buddy!  I'm the DD!
We've always called C buddy.  Guess we need a new nickname for the Deedles! 

Me: Do you want to go and get burritos for lunch or go to the store?
J: Store!
D: No, not the treehouse! (our house)  Want to go to the store-house! 

Me: Good morning! Do you want to get up?
D: I can't reach to get up.

Passing Burger King:
D: There's the Burger Cheese! 
Do I hear a bus, Dad? 

C: I'm internet famous!
Apparently the teenager posted videos of C on Instagram. 


(11/4) Work day for Dad & me and Kathy had the boys.  Traffic was horrid and my day was terrible, so I stopped by the store to grab fixins for breakfast for dinner!  Because what else do you cook at 7pm on a Tuesday?  Breakfast was yummy, and the kids were happy which helped turn a crappy day around.  Love my little people!


(11/5)  Work day for Dad, and I had the kids.  The littles and I went to the library for Toddler Story Time, where they were oh-so-helpful and filled a desk with beanbags, instead of participating, and then later tried to get the bubble machine for the librarian, and spilled it everywhere. We came home from our adventures for lunch and nap, and I had to wake some very exhausted boys later so we could go get C from school.  The teenager came home not feeling so hot, opting out of drama practice tonight.  Nanan arrived to watch the boys for the afternoon so we could go to the teen's appointment.  After that, since her ankle was still bugging her from when she rolled it on Halloween, we hit the clinic for what we hoped would be a fast appointment.  Turns out the Immediate Clinic is not so immediate.  Over two hours later we finally had a doctor's note to get her out of running in PE, and finally got to go home.  Nanan had put the littles to bed and C was headed in that direction.  I put dinner on for the teen and heated up some of the boys' dinner for myself.  Looong night. 


(11/6) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  The teen had drama and was home late, and I went to Zumba after work and was home even later. After the boys went to bed, we all watched a little bit of TV before heading to bed ourselves. 


(11/7) Work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the boys.  C got to go to a play tonight at the Children's Theatre in Seattle with Nanan.  Traffic was horrendous, and there was a miscommunication about C not being home while I was working (telecommuting) and pick-up was hectic... but it sounds like everyone got where they needed to be and had an okay time. C went up to spend the night with Nanan and the teenager watched lots of her shows and drew for most of the evening. I had my nose in a book and was more or less blissfully unaware of the teenager's brain-drain. Er, TV. 


(11/8) We had the weekend off from hockey, so I took the opportunity to go to a Zumba class with an instructor I really like.  D was so not impressed that I got them up, and then had to the nerve to leave without them.  After I came back, Dad left for work and the rest of us bummed around until lunch when C came home, and the teenager left for her visit.  The littles took a monster nap and woke up just slightly before the teenager returned.  We then piled in the car to go run some errands.  We had make-up and hair dye to purchase, books to return, and had to grab some garlic bread for "quesahaddi" (spaghetti) tonight. After the boys went to bed, we did round one of the teenager's hair (1. dye it black, 2. bleach the bottom half, 3. blue the bottom). While we were waiting for it to set, we watched the Fault in Our Stars.  Such a good movie!  Dad was super bummed to miss it, I know.


(11/9) Lazy day for all of us.  Dad made us Eggs Benedict for breakfast.  C specifically requested them, then didn't care for them, and then tried to escape without eating anything.  D inhaled 3+ eggs (the plus because I asked if he wanted J's egg too and he said, "Oh, yes please!").   After the littles went down, I ran some errands and then came home to my book.  C got to go over to Jor's to play for the afternoon and the teen was out so the house was very quiet for a bit. Then everyone came home, and chaos ensued.  We bleached the teen's hair and it didn't come out light enough to put the blue on and she, of course, has a photo shoot for her play tomorrow.  So there was drama about drama.  Sorry, kiddo, a beautician I am not.


(11/10) Work day for me and Dad has the kiddos.  The bigs have school and the teen has drama until late tonight.  I think we'll all be relieved when the play is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment