Monday, December 15, 2014

Decking the Halls


D: Goodnight sweetie!
Me: Nite, Deedles.

Me: Hey hon...?
D: I not honey, I'm DD!

Me: Do you want to be tucked in?
D: No, I no want tuck-tuck.
Me: Do you want a hug or tickles?
D: No, I no want tickles. I want poke-a-nose! 

Gave the littles paper towel rolls ~
D: I need my telescope!

D: All gone coffee! Mom, do you need more coffee? More coffee? You put the coffee in the garbage. You put the coffee in the fuffin (filter). You put water in the garden (coffee pot). Mom, do you want coffee? Mom? Can I have juice?

Me: Nite, boys!
D: I NEED TO GO TO GRANDMA'S HOUSE TO MAKE COOKIES!
Me: We just got home from Grandma's.  It's time for a nap.
...
Me: Time to wake up.
D: I need. I need to go to Grandma's. I need a cookie from Grandma's. I need a cookie!

The teen and I were singing ~
D (sighing): I need to go to Kathy's house.

Tooth fairy time!
Priorities
(12/9)  Work day for Dad and me, school for the bigs, and Grandma & Granddad had the kids since Kathy's house has come down with the plague.  I hope they are all feeling better soon!  The teen had a scheduled visit after school and there was some kind of miscommunication so it didn't end up happening, which just sucks. Grandma had made us a healthy and yummy dinner, and we made cookies to help round it out. 


(12/10) Fun day - Nanan came down so we could take the littles to see Casper Babypants, who was playing at the library.  The auditorium was *packed*, but the littles marched right up in front and then spent most of the concert trying to storm the stage.  We ended up sitting on the front steps so we could grab twins as they were trying to sneak by.  We went back to the house for lunch and the boys went down for a nap. I got to visit with Nanan for a bit before heading out to grab the bigs for the teen's appointment.  The teen asked if I could drop her at a friend's house after homework and I agreed, and then I somehow managed to talk Nanan into staying a bit longer so I could put the boys to bed before I had to go pick her up.  The boys were nuts, so I am very glad she decided to stay.  It made things much easier! 


(12/11) Work day for me, and Dad had the kids.  We met for Santa photos after work and again chose Military Day, which meant extra long lines.  I'm glad our picture turned out since we tried to rush through because my very new niece was hungry and fussy.  The boys went home with Dad and the teen and I stayed to visit with Nanan for a bit.  We couldn't stay for long since the teen had homework. It definitely wasn't the easy trip of years past. Maybe we need to find a different Santa.


(12/12) Work day for Dad and me, the bigs had school, and Kathy had the littles.  C went to see a play with Nanan after school and the teen had amazing success with homework this week, so had a friend over for the night.  They were working on art until after 11pm when I finally sent them upstairs.  I imagine they watched movies up there too.  I got engrossed in Orange is the New Black and binge watched most of the first season.  We're reading it for book club, so I have to be prepared. Yeah, that's it.


(12/13) C had hockey this morning and the littles and I watched at least 20 episodes of LeapFrog.  I tried to catch some more Zs but D was having none of it.  He got all the kitchen utensils out, including the loud timer, and kept finding other things to get into.  After C got home, I went up to wake the teens, and then we all were supposed to go over to Grandma & Granddad's for tree trimming, cookies, and gingerbread houses.  The teens had stayed up pretty late last night so decided to go back to the friend's house and hibernate a little longer.  The boys and I had a lovely time at Grandma's though. The littles weren't real interested in decorating the tree (probably because they decorate/undecorate our tree many times a day), but they were into cookies and eating decorating their gingerbread houses! We stayed late and I didn't put the boys down until about 3:30ish.  D went to sleep crying for cookies at Grandma's and wanted to go back for cookies at Grandma's when he woke up. The teen reappeared right around when I went to put them down for the night.  We watched some TV and called it a night. 


(12/14) C had an awesome game this morning ~ 2 goals this morning including a sweet shot where he managed to get the puck through a 6" opening.  Proud of our guy! Poor Jj got sick last night, so we spent a mellow morning watching more Frog.  I really hope none of the rest of us get it, or if we do, that it breezes through well before Christmas. We each took the bigs separately to Christmas shop and then to lunch.  Dad made us quite the feast tonight, which we decided was a pre-Christmas feast rather than Thanksgiving round 3.  The kids wanted to open a present last night since we said it was "pre-Christmas."  Ha, no. 

So naughty!  He ripped his mattress cover &
piled all his toys and blankets inside!
Hard at work
(12/15) Happy Monday.  I am at work, Dad had the kids, and the bigs are at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment