Monday, December 8, 2014

The One in Which We Move up in the World


Me: We're going home.
D: No, I not go to the treehouse!
J: Treehouse-castle!
D: Oooh, treehouse-castle!

J: Eye-cycle! 
D: MOTORcycle!
J: Eye-cycle!

D: Hi, Mommy!
Me: Hi, Dd!
D: No, I Dr. Dd! 
Me: Oh, excuse me, Dr. Dd!

C: Mom? Can I start a Santa list tomorrow?
Me: I think Santa has already been shopping.
C: No Mom, Santa makes all the toys.
Me: I think he's probably already made the toys then.

C: You know what I really want for Christmas?
Me: An X-Box One?
C: No, just a 100% off coupon at Toys R Us.
Me: You mean like a gift card?
C: No, I just want a coupon so I can go straight to the X-Boxes and take it up to pay and when they ask if I have any coupons, boom! 
Me: (laughs)
C: Or just two 50% off coupons will work too.
Me: Yep.  G'nite, bud. 


(12/2) Work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the kids.  Schedule changes are coming down the pike and none of us is happy about it.  I'm sure we can make it work, but GRRR, don't touch my routine! Thanks to Kathy & Sarah, I think we have it all figured out. 


(12/3) Work day for Dad, and I had the kids.  I was in a piss poor mood with everything going on, so debated getting the Christmas decorations out before the tornadoes got up or after.  I opted for after and read my book for a bit.  Just when I was about to get the twinadoes up, the teenager walked in.  She was supposed to have stayed after school. So I left the twins sleeping, ran to get C, and got a call asking where the teen was en route. Ugh. Went over the teen's schedule again with her after I got home, and was mid-homework battle when Dad walked in.  Doors were slammed and we all went to our respective corners.  After the dust settled, the twins got up and I made dinner.  The teen went out for a bit and I pulled the Christmas decorations out.  The boys decorated the tree and I put up the lights and the Christmas bells. Merry Christmas? 


(12/4) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  I took a class after work and got home after the littles were in bed.  Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day and it did me some good to be away from it all. 


(12/5) Work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the boys.  The teen vegged in front of the television all afternoon, which let's be honest, I probably would have too on a Friday afternoon had I not had to work.  I picked up the boys after work and came home to fix dinner.  Nanan stayed with the herd this evening so I could go to book club.  Nanan said the herd was great. Phew!  It was good to get out for a bit!


(12/6) I scored a peaceful day. Dad took C to hockey and then brought him back before leaving for work.  Nanan had stayed over so she could take C to see the Polar Express today, and the teen had a visit, which had them all leaving around the same time.  The twins actually took a nap, so I did too.  Grandma & Granddad stopped by with boots and snow pants for the teenager so we're prepared for the next snow. The teen reappeared an hour or so later.  I ran her and a friend to the mall, then got to hang with my boys until it was time to go pick them up. 


(12/7) Great game for C today!  1 goal and 2 assists.  Dad took him to a birthday party at Elevated Sports this evening and the rest of us were supremely jealous!  I took the teenager, her friend, and the twins up to visit Amber & Jake for round two of Thanksgiving festivities.  The teens had a great time doing art and the twins loved the playroom.  The littles ate a lot of snacks and then predictably didn't eat any dinner, but were magically hungry again at dessert time. Goofballs!  D told me he was going to take a nap every 2 minutes on the way to Amber & Jake's and then never did.  He tried to tell me he wasn't tired on the way home but was out before we hit the freeway.  Suuuuure, not tired at all.  They were refreshed after an hour's nap, so I put them in the tub to play until bedtime.


(12/8) Back to the grind.  I have work, Dad is off with the kids today and the bigs have school. Pass the vat of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment