Monday, January 5, 2015

Once upon a Midnight....Cheery!


Me: Brrr!  Mama is a momsicle!
J: JJ is a JJsicle!

Throws his bracelet ~
D: All gone arm!

Me: Where's DD?
D: I don't is.
Me: Mama would be sad without a DD.  (D crumples) Do you need a hug?
D: No, I need a kiss.

D has been sleeping under his mattress ~
Me: Where's DD?
D: I don't is.
J: He's gone! All gone DD!
D: I'm in here! 

Watching Color Crew ~
D: It's a ponado!  (potato)


(12/30) Today I cleaned out the veggie drawer and made a ginormous pot of soup.  C suggests that we have it every day so that the littles would be sure to get their veggies.  Except they hardly ate it... J crumpled in a bunch of crackers and D kept getting distracted and wandering off.  I put them down for a nap, and when they woke up, we packed up and went to Elevated Sports to celebrate Jor's 8th birthday.  I'm not quite sure how he got to be 8, because he was just 4 last week. I swear.  The kids had a ball ~ what a fun set-up!  After our time was up, we hit Alfy's for dinner.  J forgot to eat at all because he was too busy driving in the video game area.  Our fam whacked an extra large pizza, so I had none to give JJ when he finally wandered over.  I gave him a small dinner when we got home, but he was so over-stimulated with games and playing, he didn't need much before I put them to bed.


(12/31) Work day for Dad, and the rest of us are still off on break.  The teenager went up to be with her siblings overnight, so it was just the boys and me to ring in the new year.  We watched Turbo and the littles really got into it.  I put them to bed around 7:30p and then C and I went on to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (90's flashback!).  We watched the ball drop in New York and played more games than we probably should have, but it was New Year's, so why not.  Dad came home, and we shared a bottle of Martinelli's, and sent our oldest off to bed finally.  Happy 2015!


(1/1) Happy New Year!  We went up to Jake & Amber's for Christmas part deux with Nanan.  We picked up the teenager after she did the Penguin Dip on the way. Crazy girl jumped in a lake when it was freezing outside!  Amber kindly offered to bleach her hair while we were up there - they were going to do pink & purple, but she has big plans for Comicon in a few months and didn't want to dye it, and then have to bleach it, fearing it would make her hair fall out.  Amber and Jake made a delicious dinner, and the boys had a blast in the playroom.  Nanan arrived and we had dinner and did presents.  The boys were wiped by the time we got to dessert, and didn't make it more than about five minutes down the road before they fell asleep.  I suspect we may have lost the teenager on the way home as well.  She got awfully quiet back there. C went to stay the night with Nanan tonight.


(1/2) Work day for Dad & me, and Kathy had the littles.  The teenager was in and out for the day, and I worked from home. It felt weird to be back at work without actually being back at work.  It snowed briefly today, and I used my lunch break to go play in it before returning for the rest of my shift.   I picked up the littles after work and Nanan came by with C after we had dinner, and we had a chance to visit for a bit. 


(1/3) Busy day for us.  C had hockey, and I took the littles to the gym with me.  We stopped at Starbucks on the way back and visited for as much time as a 3-year-old's attention span lasts.  We decided on hitting the aquatic center for recreation swim and met Sarah and her family there.  The kids had a great time.  J, never one to like getting his head wet, was actually JUMPING in!  Yay!  I took D on the river and he loved the "rain" in the shallow area, and the pool with a step off which to jump.  After swim, I took some very sleepy boys home.  Sarah's older boy came home with us and he and C worked on "upgrading" the play house out back.  C got a tool kit for Christmas, so it was fun to test all those things out.  While they were occupied, I put Christmas away.  The teenager claimed it looks very plain in the house now.  I agree.  But at the same time, I'm ready to have my house back to normal. After the littles woke up, I made dinner, watched some TV, and the bigs played games until it was time to go to bed.  I'm cutting their screen times off at least 30 minutes before bed, so maybe we'll actually get there on-time? 


(1/4) C had a hockey game this morning at early o'clock.  He had to be on the ice at 7am.  That's way earlier than he even gets up for school. He had a lousy game, and came home and curled up on the couch.  We hear they're alternating early o'clock with slightly later in the coming weeks. Ugh. After the twinsies went down, Sarah and I went for coffee in the rain.  Once I returned, the bigs headed off to shop with Dad and I had a quiet house to myself.  After the bigs came back, it was my turn to take the teenager out, so we ran to the store and dropped off a bag of stuff each at Value Village.  It felt good to trim down my closet some!  We came home after and Dad ran the bigs out to dinner, and the littles and I stayed in and had fish and chips, which they wanted for dinner yesterday, but the bigs had overruled.  We had a quiet rest of the night in and think we're ready for Monday to come again.  It's going to be so hard to wake up tomorrow. 


(1/5) And back to it.  The bigs have school, Dad & I have work, and the littles are going to Sarah's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment