Monday, January 12, 2015

Play Til Ya Drop


Looking at the map ~
D: Where's Nanan's house?
Me: Right there.
D: And the treehouse-castle (our house) is in the volcano. (points to the mountain range)

TV: I animal-mechanical can!
S: I animal-mechanical can't!
J: NOOOOO!  STOP!

Me: Did you have fun at jump-jump?
J: More gym!
Me: We'll go tomorrow after you go to Sarah's house.  After nap.
J: No, after Sarah's!

C: Most kids thought I was excited for the football game. But it's really because I get to take apart a computer.

S: I'll come down to do my math now.
Me: Is your phone dead?
S: Maybe... Hey, how'd you know?

When I went in to wake C ~
D: No, I don't want to get up.


(1/6) Work day for Dad and me. The bigs had school, and Kathy and Sarah had the boys.  Lots of running around to collect everyone!  I made breakfast for dinner tonight and it was a hit.  I think all the kids ate 4 pieces of French toast each!


(1/7)  Work day for Dad and I had the kiddos.  I caught a run with Sarah in the morning and then had a mellow-stay-at-home kind of morning with the littles.  I did absolutely nothing productive and it was lovely.  After nap, I headed out to grab C and then we all got to go to the teenager's appointment this evening.  J and C played games on my electronics, but D was having none of it and was a pistol for the hour wait.  We read books, colored, played musical chairs, etc.  The teenager said she's good to go in alone next time.  Ha!  I decided we all needed to go find some dessert afterward, so we stopped at the store and the kids chose pie and ice cream.  We finished off our evening sugared up and blitzed out, but hey, we got through it.


(1/8) Work day for Dad and me, and Sarah and Kathy had the kids.  I met Sarah at the gym after and managed to catch half of Zumba.  Then we walked and gabbed on the treadmill.  It was late when we got home, so I fixed up some mac and cheese and called it good enough. JJ was an absolute disaster leaving tonight.  I think he was tired, and I know we're all still getting used to these long days! I wasn't surprised to see him completely out when I went to say goodnight to C.


(1/9) Work day for me and Dad had the day off.  I work from home on Fridays, and it was super quiet aside from the littles bumping around over-head and my furry coworkers nomming on each other.  The teen went to go hang with some friends after school, and had one of them follow her home, so we had an extra at dinner.  After her friend went home, the teenager disappeared to burn through the minutes on her phone and Dad and I watched Inception.  It had been a while.


(1/10) C had hockey this morning, to which Dad took him, and I took the littles to the gym for Zumba.  D announced we needed to go to Starbucks after, because that's what we did last week, but I took them to the store instead.  The whole way there he exclaimed how we NEEDED to go to Starbucks.  Yeah, yeah, kid, I know!  After we all got home, we bummed around until lunch time.  The teen had a visit so she left for a few hours. I put the littles and myself down for a nap and we all woke up a few hours later.  The teen came home and we had Thanksgiving dinner, part 5(?).  Because delicious.  Thanks for cooking, Dad!  We followed up some fine cooking with watching the Worst Cooks in America.  I couldn't keep my eyes open much longer after that, so called it a night earlyish. 


(1/11) My dear darling husband shook me awake at 6am this morning to ask if I would take C to hockey.  Arrrrgh, fine.  He had to be dressed and on the ice at 7am.  They played the toughest team in their group, so predictably got whomped on.  C played well though.  He has improved so much since I saw him last.  I so enjoy watching this level of hockey, because anything can happen... like their goalie yelling he needs to pee in the middle of the game, or our goalie taking part in the face-off.  After we got home, I left all the very loud children and went on a walk with Sarah.  I came home to them still being loud, but it is what it is.  We hit Elevated Sportz for an afternoon play date and played all the way through nap.  The littles *loved* the cars, and I don't think they would have gotten out had I not mentioned that we had to leave in 15 minutes.  In those 15 minutes, JJ climbed as high as he could and hid from me, and then proceeded to play noodle on the way down the climber.  So that was fun.  Our friends shared cookies with us on the way out (thank you!) and then we booked it home to get Jor home in time for baseball... but were late.  Sorry again!  We hit the store for some soup fixins and bread and went home to cook.   The littles were EXHAUSTED but they did well for the day.  The teenager made sure the phone was working all day and appeared for meals and that's about it.  And yeah, that was our weekend. 


(1/12) Weeee, it's gonna be a busy one for me.  Our new site launched at work, but work gave us coffee to bribe us through the week.  I think I can, I think I can. The bigs have school, the boys are split between Kathy's and Sarah's, and both of us adult peeps are working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment