Monday, January 26, 2015

Roll for Initiative!


D: Can I go home?
Me: You are home.
D: No, I need to go to the library.


(1/20) Work day for Dad and me, and Kathy had the boys.  Tuesdays are a whirlwind for me, and by the time I get everybody home and fed, it's bedtime.


(1/21) Work day for Dad, and I had the kiddos.  The littles and I stayed home this morning and didn't venture out until it was time to get C from school.  I pulled a wholly unpopular dinner together before packing us all off to the teen's appointment.  We dropped her and then visited the library while we waited.  After her appointment, we stopped at the store and I grabbed us some melons, which went over much better with snotty, not-very-hungry boys.  I also picked up some "emergency chocolate" for the bigs and mini cupcakes for me.  Because frosting.


(1/22) Work day for Dad and me, and Sarah eventually ended up with all the boys.  They had a great time, but were quite peeved that I was taking the night off and not going to the gym.  I'm glad they like it, but sheesh! Attitudey!


(1/23) Work day for me, and Dad was off with the kids. Darn kiddos shared their plague with me, so I was very glad to hunker downstairs and keep my germs to myself.  I was glad work was quietish today.  Dad went out and grabbed us some yummy Mexican food for lunch and I was hoping the salsa would do the trick, being that I'm kinda partial to breathing.  No such luck... but thanks for the grub, Dad!  Since I'm home on Fridays, Dad can leave the littles sleeping while he runs out to grab C from school.  The teenager hit the Boys and Girls Club, and everyone was awake and gathered for dinner when I got done with work.  Fridays are nice that way!  Dad and I got to watch some TV together afterward and had a nice evening.


(1/24)  C had hockey this morning, and while he and Dad were at that, the littles and I went to Zumba.  It was packed and I loved today's instructor!  I felt bad about taking the littles since they're so snotty today, but I am so over this plague and was ready to sweat it out.  They always have a good time too, so I didn't feel too terrible about it.  Dad and C got home pretty soon after we did. We bummed around for a bit, then it was time for the littles to go to sleep, and the teen to leave for her visit.  She was super excited, and I'm so glad it went well!  Dad and I cleaned up a bit and got ready for the gaming group to appear.  Dad made meatballs (yum!) and we had lots of snacks.  C has been so excited about playing D&D and really did a nice job.  The teenager returned during the game, but ended up ditching us to spend the night at a friend's house.  She says she'll play next time.


(1/25) C had hockey early, which meant he and Dad were up at 6am.  That's just too dang early.  I got the littles up around 8am.  They weren't making much noise, but they were awake before then.  We watched some Animal Mechanicals (yay) and had some breakfast while we waited for Dad to return. C's teammate seemed to score every time he was out on the ice today. So while C didn't score anything this go-round, his team did great!  After Dad came back, I headed out for a run with Sarah.  I was feeling like crap though, so it turned into a walk in the sunshine.  Sarah and I decided to take the kiddos to the park afterward since it was such a beautiful day!  Nearly 60°.  We stopped at the store and grabbed soup and sammich fixins after the boys wore themselves out on the playground.  The littles went down for a nap, and C and I did a little light reading.  C is studying up on how to develop his D&D character.  Pretty cute! The littles woke up full of bananas tonight and earned themselves a time out for dinner.  I ate my dinner in peace and then went to collect them to try again.  The teenager reappeared during all of this and asked if they were in bed already.  If only.  I was ready for bedtime to come from about 5pm on.


(1/26) Back to the grind.  Dad and I work today and the kiddos have the day off from school.  The boys are headed to Sarah's house and the teenager has not made any plans before noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment