Monday, February 23, 2015

Chocolate Dreamin'


Granddad getting in on the fun!
D (waking up from a nap): I come back from outer space. I need chocolate.

D (morning revelations): I need cupcakes.

D: I need to go to Grandma's for a cookie.
Me: You're going to Grandma's after nap.
D: I need to wake up! I need to open my eyes!

D (looking at the cemetery): That's a big mess.

J (fresh out of a bath): I NEED A COZY!

D (at the gym daycare): See you next time, Mom!

D (channeling Dad): AGHHH!  I'M SCARED OF THE SUN!
Me: Why are you scared?
D: Because I am.

Dad (mumbling): Naughty boy.
D (grin): Yeah, I am naughty!

Cupcakes from Grandma!
D wished...Grandma delivered!
(2/17) Work day for me, and Dad stayed home sick.  Most of the house has a "stinky cough," as D calls it.  We do love to share.  Sigh.  I went home after work and helped hold down the couch too.  Here's to feeling better tomorrow!

J selfies!
D: Mom, I am hot!
(2/18) Work day for Dad, and I had the kids today.  Totally failed to look at my calendar and completely missed C's dentist appointment this morning.  Dangit!  Dad still isn't feeling great, and was asleep, so I couldn't even stomp around like a 2 year old.... so I angrily did the dishes instead.  Dad felt good enough to go in to work though, which was good.  After nap, we headed out to grab the teen and then C from their schools.  We stopped for snacks at the store and booked it to the park to catch a little bit of sunshine.  We then headed home for a fast dinner before jumping back in the car to drop the teen at her appointment, and for the rest of us to go to the library.  Lots of juggling makes for an exhausting day.


(2/19)  Work day for Dad & me, and Sarah had the boys.  I picked them up from her house and came home and made dinner.  We had a quiet evening in and the teen ended up falling asleep on the couch, only waking long enough to trudge upstairs for bed. I Netflixed until I couldn't keep my eyes open and also went to bed.  Another wild night at the Treehouse.


(2/20) Work day for me, and Dad was off with the kids. I officially fail at managing everyone's schedule.  I told the teen to sleep in since she had a dentist appointment and was supposed to have sent her to school.  Dad dropped C off and then took her over for her appointment, and then got stuck there for over an hour with the twins. They came home and I jetted out the door for a lunch run with Sarah.  The rest of the day was thankfully pretty uneventful and less full of fail than this morning.


(2/21) Hockey for C this morning and the littles and I went to Zumba.  The quiet house freaked out the teenager.  I assumed she'd sleep in, but she must have missed the noise.  She had a visit today and was gone for that, and our plans got cancelled so the rest of us had a nice, quiet, lazy day.  Dad still wasn't feeling well, so it worked out.  After naps, I took the boys to the park to play in the sunshine while Dad got dinner together.  Then the ever popular homework time.  Woo!  The kids eventually went to bed and we had the TV to ourselves for a bit.


(2/22) Caught a run with Sarah and came back to fancy breakfast sandwiches cooked up by Dad.  Dad and C left for C's hockey game and met up with Grandma & Granddad. Dad and C raided the store afterward and scored a new stick for C.  He'll need a new one for next year anyway since he's been growing like a weed.  The littles & I drove the teenager to the mall and D lobbied hard for Grandma's house all the way to the mall and back.  Patience, little dude!  We went home and watched the Mickey Mouse Club and the twins built train tracks until lunchtime.  They went upstairs for a nap pretty willingly since they knew a trip to Grandma's house was coming up after.  We dropped the twins and their trikes off with Grandma & Granddad and went to the hockey game.  The first goal was scored 14 seconds into the first period!  We ended up winning too.  Yay!  The blimp came by and dropped prizes and although a guy in front of us got to it first, he very generously handed it to C.  It ended up being Ryan Murray decals.  We have Ryan Callahan on the wall in C's room and C is excited to pit Ryan vs. Ryan. The teen picked a pink shirt from the team store. Very cute!  We dropped them at home so they could get started on their chores and I went out to grab the littles.  Grandma cooked up a bazillion cookies for us and sent them home.  They had such a fun time with the little men too.


(2/23) Happy Monday!  Back to work with Dad and me, Sarah has the littles and Nanan has the bigs.  Takes a village!

No comments:

Post a Comment