Monday, February 2, 2015

Feels like Groundhog's Day


Radio: I'm so fancy!
D: No!  I'm DD!

D: I need cereals and coffee. No pictures, aren't ready yet.

D: I need to go back to the Treehouse and go downstairs! I need to JUNGLE DANCE!

Putting on lipstick ~
J: Mama!  A purple mouth!

D: I have a blanket for you, Mama. But it's mine.

Watching the halftime show ~
C: I don't remember this at the Super Bowl.

Me: That was cool.
C: Yeah, but it would be really nice if they played Save Self next. Or Gangnam Style.

Me: Should I turn on the radio or should Mama sing?
J: Yeah, sing!
Me: (singing)
J: TURN IT ON! TURN IT ON!!


(1/27) Today was a mess.  Work was a disaster - website was down, phones were down and I didn't get to leave for a half hour after I am typically off, ironically because I was stuck on a call.  I got the boys late, dinner was late and I was so very done by the time they went to bed.  We'll just not say much more about it, and I'm sure I'll forget it in time.  I hope.


(1/28)  Work day for Dad, and I had the kids.  It's nice to have Dad around til lunchtime, even if he is napping on the couch.  After he left for work and the littles went down, it was my turn to sleep.  I woke everyone when it was time to get C from school.  We hit the store for some snacks and then went to the park to meet up with Sarah.  Nanan called while we were there and asked where we were, and then came to the park to hang with us for a bit.  After we started to get cold, she offered to go get coffee, and I went for pizza, and we met back at the house.


(1/29) Work day for Dad and me, and Sarah eventually ended up with all my kids.  They were all peeved that they weren't going to the gym and were STARVING because we never feed them... so it was quite the circus when I walked in the door.  I did ask that the teenager turn on some kid TV (or offered that she could play with the twins for a bit).  She turned on Mickey Mouse, which entertained her, but did nothing for the twins. Oh well, I tried!  After I got the twins to bed, I came down and she was sound asleep in front of Mickey Mouse.  She claimed she was going up to bed, but then came down and kidnapped the tablet for a while. I had a quiet night after the chaos of boys went to bed though :)


(1/30) Work day for me, and Dad had the day off with the kids.  I love telecommute days!  Dad spoiled me with take out Olive Garden for lunch and we had a real feast.  It was tough to go back to work and not fall into a food coma though!  After work, Dad ran out to grab dinner for the kids.  C had Science Night at his school, so I put the littles in bed and the teenager "watched" them for a bit while C and Dad were off at that.  I left for book club with the ladies and had a very much needed night out.  My phone died and when I thought to check the time, it was suddenly 11pm and we were way late.  But we had fun.... I tried to watch TV once I got home and failed miserably.  I think I made it about 5 minutes and then was out.  Oops.


(1/31) Lazyish day for us.  C had hockey and I just had the littles this morning, with the teenager gone at a friend's house.  We bummed around in our jammies for a while and did some house-cleaning since the gaming group was coming over later.  After the littles went down for a nap, I headed out for a trek around the neighborhood which justified getting and drinking coffee with Sarah. After our friends gathered and we ate dinner, I split for a wine and painting night at the Sip, Dip 'n Doodle with the girls.  We did the Seattle Reign in Seahawk colors.  Pretty appropriate :)


(2/1) Super Bowl Sunday! Since we're such avid fans, we stayed home today and did nothing. Well, after C's hockey game and Dad went to work, that is.  I did turn on the game, so I probably jinxed us.  The littles kept asking me if I could find the remote and put on their stuff and I found myself saying very firmly, "No, we're watching football!"  The commercials were a mix and we enjoyed the halftime show.  The teenager went to a friend's house for the game, so the boys and I had dinner at the house and made a cake.  It was a nice, chill day.  Bummer that the Hawks lost...


(2/2) Groundhog's Day. It is gross out today, so maybe the varmint won't see his shadow and we can have some sunshine.  Dad has jury duty, which meant I got to pull morning duties.  The teenager missed her bus after a discussion about setting her alarm and not missing the bus last night.  So huzzah for Monday. Send coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment