Monday, February 9, 2015

MORTAL KOMBAT


D (after walking through a puddle): Now the puddle is in my shoe!


(2/3) Work day for Dad & me and Kathy had the boys.  We went straight home, I fixed dinner, and spent some time with all the kiddos before bedtime.  


(2/4) Work day for Dad & I was off with the kids today.  I decided we'd check out Preschool Storytime at the library, since Toddler is only supposed to be through 2 years.  Yeeeaaah... they're not ready for preschool yet.  J burst into tears when we went in and screamed through If You're Happy and You Know It. Once he calmed down and the librarian had gotten out the felt pieces to go on the story board, J wandered right up front to "help."  He pointed to each planet, and would run back to me to repeat what the librarian said.  I managed to get him to come sit for a bit, but then D decided to leave and opened the door and high-tailed it back to the children's section.  Once the librarian moved to Twinkle Twinkle and handed out stars for the children to wear, J went around and tried to take everyone's star and put them up on the felt board... because they were made of felt, and that's where felt goes!  I eventually took them out and let them play in the children's section until the toys got pulled out at the end, which was definitely more their style.  I made them lunch and then put them down for a nap after we got home.  After we collected C from school, Nanan arrived to watch the boys while I ran the teenager out to her appointment.  Nanan stayed afterward and we had a nice chat.  Today.. this week.. has been full of UGH.  Treading water is the name of the game right now.


(2/5) Work day for Dad & me, and Sarah eventually ended up with all of our boys.  They were all very annoyed that the kids' club at the gym was full and couldn't take our herd, and Sarah & I were equally annoyed to miss Zumba. But it did make for an earlier evening for us.  Oh well.  The boys all tried to convince me they needed yet another dinner when we got home (these same boys had just whacked *3* boxes of Mac & Cheese less than an hour earlier).  Nice try, kiddos.  


(2/6) Work day for me and Dad had the kiddos.  He took the teenager to a dentist appointment and then spoiled us all with lunch from Skippers.  Once again it was hard to go back to work and not crash into a food coma.  After work, Dad went out and got supplies for shrimp tostadas.  They were awesome! We spent a quiet night in, and watched TV, and played with the kids.  


(2/7) Hockey practice for C & a visit for the teenager today.  Other than that, we didn't do a whole lot.  We planned for an informal gaming night tonight, but ended up watching hockey with Marc and Rob instead.  


(2/8) C had a game at the crack of dawn today.  Early games do not make for an engaged skater.  We'll just leave it at that.  After Dad & C got back from the game, I took off for my run and the littles got to hang at home.  Once I got back, I fixed lunch for the munchkins and put the littles down for a nap.  I sat down with a book and hours disappeared.  Lazy Sundays are the best!  Dad had taken the day off so we could go to the Silvertips game tonight.  Nanan came to watch the littles while we were out and they seemed to have a great time.  While we were at the game, a gal approached us and gave us four tickets to the after game Skate with the Tips!  We got the bigs skates and C skated the teenager's hat around for autographs and she let him sign it as a reward.  So sweet!  

w/ #15 Kohl Bauml
Skate with the Tips
(2/9) Back to work with Dad & me today, bigs have school, and the littles are going to Sarah's. Whirlwind Monday in 3...2...1...

No comments:

Post a Comment